Professional contruction grade privacy film, or as we like to call it, “Vacancy Film”, is the elegant solution for temporary window privacy during construction and/or unit vacancy.
Vacancy film is a white, 4-MIL, opaque, professionally applied film that can offer a uniform appearance to your storefront during construction or vacancy, while protecting your glass from construction debris and paint.
Benefits of temporary contruction film are:
- Opaque – you won’t be able to see the mess inside until you’re ready to remove the film.
- End-User removable, with no tools and no residue (for up to 80 days).
- Much more elegant than traditional temporary construction window coverings
- 4-MIL contruction helps protect glass during construction.
- Keeps dirt, paint, drywall compound and sawdust off of the windows.
Construction window film can be purchased and installed at a price around 20% less than standard solar control films, around $3.50-$4.00/sqft.
Your alternatives are months or weeks of looking at:
- Uneven soap solution
- Torn construction paper and masking tape
- Plastic garbage bags
- Sawdust covered clear plastic temporary drop cloths
Yes, believe it or not, these are the main methods used to cover windows during construction. Finally there’s a better way, thanks to the development of this revolutionary product. Vacancy film does not require experience to remove and comes off clean, which means anyone can take the film off with minimal effort – saving you money.
The likelyhood that the windows will get damaged during construction is significantly reduced due to the films’ heavy duty 4-MIL composition, not to mention that all forms of errant debris and paint will just get stuck to the film – not your windows, making post-construction window clean-up a snap.
If you would like to know more, or would like to get a free quote in the Chicagoland area, give us a call at 800-683-8468 or click here to contact us.